cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2802i and CBW 240AC Access Points

SHHOSP
Level 1
Level 1

I have several CBW 240AC AP's we recently purchased. We already had an existing 2802i AP. I understand that the 240AC expects to have no other controllers on the same VLAN and it's causing issues when the 240AC's and the 2802i is up at the same time. 

The 2802i see's the 240AC's and says they are CAPWAP but the 240AC's will not join the 2802i. Is there a way I can force them to join the 2802i or force the 2802i to let them join? At present, I need all of these access points and another VLAN is not an option. 

Can they be successfully mixed?

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... Is there a way I can force them to join the 2802i or force the 2802i to let them join?
                  - No these small business based APs can not join a big wireless controller or a mobility express based (controller) AP
                    In general avoid deploying different models of APs within one area , best is to go uniform, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card