cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2802i setup help

bunnyg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have recently bought Cisco 2802I AP for home wifi.

I am using power injector and one cable from power injector Power+DATA is going into the POE of Aironet Cisco 2802I.

The cisco is turned ON, however it is fluctuating between green and Red light. Please help.......Thanks

22 Replies 22

Hi Flavio, I am sorry, it is taking me time to understand this. I have configured wired interface 0 to an ip address as my earlier message. I am also able to ping the wired interface. 

For the commands you mention should i use a different IP address for Wifi0 interface.

capwap ap ip

Please let me know - thanks

No.

If AP already has an IP adddress, the next step is load de ME image from a tftp server. Follows the instruction I send in other log.

ah ok, thanks....now the challenge i have is that i dont have the smartnet support contract with Cisco and so i am not able to download the ME file.... i am trying to configure the AP through CLI.

Also it seems that my Cisco reboots frequently....as well

Thanks Falvio for your help....

Regards

You are welcome.

Unfortunately I can't help with image. 

Good luck.

You are welcome.

Unfortunately I can't help with images.

Good luck.

Hi Flavio, I appreciate your help and patience in guiding me through it.....thanks

I have one more question with regards to this Cisco 2800 AP. Does this one has a built in Controller, I dont have to buy another device to connect to this?

My plan is to connect to my Vendor ISP DSL modem wired into the Cisco 2800AP and use it for wifi connectivity around the house. 

I hope i am able to explain....Thanks

That's correct. ME has the ability of one AP pose as Master and the others as Coordinates.

You just need to get the proper image for those.

Thanks for rating!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card