Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 340 Wireless Bridge

jtorkos
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any suggestions for the following scenario:

Two 340 bridges are approx. 2 miles and every so often it drops its' signal. Resumes again, and everything appears to be fine. Then it happens again and again.

I'd like to replace the two bridges with the Cisco 1410 bridge. Before I do this, I would like to build a case and present it to management.

Question: I'd like to create some sort of a baseline for the 340 unit and the 1410 units. What I mean by this is that I would like to run some sort of monitoring tool for a week with each bridge type. This way I can put them side by side and present my case.

Now, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of how I might go about doing this. I thought about the CiscoWorks Wireless LAN solution 2.7, but I would to purchase the appliance. I'm thinking of using something like KIWI Syslog, but that really doesn't give any charts and what not...

...if anyone has any ideas please let me.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Other than the cost issue that you have, I think CiscoWorks Wireless LAN solution should be a perfect fit.

Thanks for the input. Could I just purchase the CWLS and install it on a Windows 2000 server?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card