Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7925 wireless disabling itself

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a very strange issue going on in our wireless enviornment.

Every 7925g seems to have the same problem also.

I have one building that is on one side othe street that has a mix of 3502i's and 1242's sitting on a WiSM controller running 7.0.116.0

Across the street, I have 1242's running on a WiSM running 4.2.207.0.  In order to go from one building to the next I have to go outside and cross a freeway bridge. 

The issue I am having with the 7925g is that whenever I cross the bridge to go across the street to the next building or vice versa,  the 7925G wireless NIC some how disables itself.  I'm not sure if the radio gets hosed or what happens.  Basically the only things I can do on the phone are navigate through the menu's.  I can't even get the phone to go into site survey mode.  The only way to get the phone to pick up wireless and connect again is to reboot the phone.  The little wireless symbol at the top stays yellow even though I have adequate coverage in the other building.

Over this bridge I know for a fact our coverage is lacking, but still it shouldn't be locking the radio's on the phone like this.

Any ideas?

17 Replies 17

I applied the firmware to the phone and everything works fine now!

We no longer have the problem with where the phone stop responding to beacons and won't reconnect.

I appreciate all the help!

I only applied this to a couple of phones.  Hopefully the ES will become available soon with this fix so that I can mass deploy it.

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Glad to hear it was successful.

Will need to get back to you about plans for an ES.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hey Mike,

We are also interested too. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card