Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 897VAW wifi issues with Denon HEOS

woter1832
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Considering the issues, I hope I'll get further with the experts here than the technical noobs at Denon.

I have several Denon HEOS WiFi speakers (similar to the more popular SONOS) connecting to a Cisco 897VAW (15.4) router. 

Recently, I upgraded IOS on the router as Denon did an update that changed the WiFi security and I couldn't connect at all. Since then, I am able to connect the mobile app with the speakers and play music, however, after an undetermined period of time, if I go back into the app, it cannot "see" any of the speakers, yet the speakers are still playing music.

If I reboot one of the speakers (seems to have to be the HEOS 7), the app "sees" the speakers again - for a while.

Interestingly, the Spotify App can always see the speakers even if the HEOS app can't.

To try and rule out issues with the HEOS system, I have connected them to a Cisco WAP371 and not experienced the same issues.

I tried turning off the 5GHz radio to see if that would help.

The question is, can anyone suggest any settings on the router I can play with that may help this loss of connection or which logs to turn on that may help diagnose the issue.

I don't appear to have any connection problems with any other devices connected to the WiFi and I have tried 3 mobile devices.

TIA

TIA

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card