cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 Clients Can't Connect to 802.1x WLAN after add Mac filterin

Kientran1502
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to migrate from Cisco 5500 WLC to Cisco 9800 WLC. I configured the WLAN with 802.1x and the AP is in FlexConnect mode
We have 2 network ranges to use, in the internal network all stations are successfully authenticated via 802.1x wifi using Radius Server
There is 1 problem, when the client wants to use the external network authenticated via Mac filtering wifi (authorization local), it will not be able to reconnect to 802.1x wifi
 Experts, Please help me solve this problem, on the old device this error does not occur

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For starters  have a checkup of the  (new) 9800 WLC configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output to : Wireless Config Analyzer
                      (use the command as pointed out in green , do not use a simple show  tech as input for this procedure)

- Further clients 'not working' use full client debugging according to https://logadvisor.cisco.com/logadvisor/wireless/9800/9800ClientConnectivity , these debugs can be analyzed with Wireless Debug Analyzer

-  Check overall client stats and behavior on the controller  with https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217738-monitor-catalyst-9800-kpis-key-performa.html#anc5 
                 (Note when configuration changes are made , use this command again for instance , 
                  look for improvements , if any , and also use the WirelessAnalyzer procedure mention in my first point
                 again)

+ Check IOS-XE software version being used , preferred = 17.12.3 (latest advisory)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card