cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 wlc fail over

ddesai
Level 1
Level 1

We have successfully run one WLC 9800 MODEL on my x site with 73 aps and I am looking for my primary x location hardware any reason fails then we will need to configure fail over setup from location and B and C which far from A location 50 Miles. Can I copy current wlc configuration or need to change SVI internet Ip address or subnet? if anyone have same kind of setup or any video then please guide me that will be great help. I am not looking HA configuration.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@ddesai wrote:
Can I copy current wlc configuration or need to change SVI internet Ip address or subnet? if anyone have same kind of setup or any video then please guide me that will be great help. I am not looking HA configuration.

Yes, it can be done this way. 

Test by remotely accessing WLC 2 using CLI & GUI.  And then manually move APs to WLC 2. 

Do not forget to enable Mobility Group.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would presume SVI parameters are local to the networks where the particular controller is located ; checkout 
    https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-4/deployment-guide/c9800-n-plus-1-high-availability-wp.pdf
   too!

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card