Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-CAP1532E - Radio Modules down

Claas Wottawa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently struggeling with the configuration of a Cisco 1532E outdoor access point. It needs to be configured for a site survey in early february so we do not have the time to get a Cisco PoE switch. The AP is connected to a PLANET POE-173 Ultra PoE Injector that provides 60-watt but the AP is still showing the warning that it has insufficient inline power. 

I have searched quiet a bit and tried out different solutions like disabling CDP or using the CLI command "power inline negotiation injector installed" which just tells me that the command fails due to no MAC address. I tried manually setting the MAC address to the port where the Injector is connected to with the same result: command failed.

Some misc info I got while searching...

Right after booting, I get this in the console:

%CDP_PD-2-POWER_LOW: All radios disabled - NON_CISCO-NO_CDP_RECEIVED

Running firmware on the access point is and unfortunately has to be:

ap1g3-k9w7-mx.153-3.jd

When I check the status of the Interface it is administratively down, how can I change that?!

Dot11Radio0 is administratively down, line protocol is down

Also... a PoE issue after all I guess.
But as mentioned above, I am using a 60-watt PoE-Injector

Radio disabled due to PoE

I tried to set the power modes for the interface to maximum, still the same state on the radio.
Are those outdoor devices out of the 1530 series even compatible with other PoE injectors then those two (AIR-PWRINJ1500-2= and AIR-PWRINJ-30=) or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry if my english is not that good, not a native speaker

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have never used a non-Cisco power injector for outdoor AP's. The Cisco one does work and or you can purchase the AC adaptor.  Might still be an issue with how the injector and the AP is trying to negotiate PoE.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card