Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR Location 2700 GRUB Password

nizar.houichi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you tell me please how to désactivate the grub password on Cisco AIR-LOC-2700 after configuring it. Thank you in advance.

Nizar Houichi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nizar,

If you have access to the LOC-2700 you can disable the GRUB password by running the setup.sh script at:

/opt/locserver/setup/setup.sh

When you get the question about the GRUB password you can disable using the option "D":

GRUB password is not currently configured. 
Configure GRUB password (Y)es/(D)isable/(S)kip/(U)se default [Skip]: D 

This is documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/location/2700/quick/guide/la_gsg_main.html#wp1040488

In case you set that password and you forgot it, there's no recovery mechanism for it and you would need to replace the hardware (RMA).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Federico

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nizar,

If you have access to the LOC-2700 you can disable the GRUB password by running the setup.sh script at:

/opt/locserver/setup/setup.sh

When you get the question about the GRUB password you can disable using the option "D":

GRUB password is not currently configured. 
Configure GRUB password (Y)es/(D)isable/(S)kip/(U)se default [Skip]: D 

This is documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/location/2700/quick/guide/la_gsg_main.html#wp1040488

In case you set that password and you forgot it, there's no recovery mechanism for it and you would need to replace the hardware (RMA).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Federico

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card