cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1832i startup sequence

kwhunter
Level 1
Level 1

I have noticed recently that when our AP is rebooting and priming the LED pattern is as follows:

solid Amber

solid Green

cycle Red-Amber-Green shortly

blink Red

cycle Red-Amber-Green

blink Green

solid Green (clients logged in)

I am concerned about the Red blinking which, as per documentation means "AP primed to wrong regulatory domain"

The model is AIR-AP1832I-A-K9, SW version 8.5.120.0

Other than that the unit performs as it should.

Do I have any reason for concerns? 

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Hi 

AIR-AP1832I-A-K9 is US regulatory domain.  If your WLC is configured with US as Country, there will no problem for the AP operation. You may be braking RF rules however, if you are not in US.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

@Flavio Miranda, I live in Canada and I bought the unit locally, so I believe I am not breaking any RF rules (US is -B):

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

However, my question is why is the LED blinking Red?  

Alright then.

Here on this thread someone from Cisco explain all the possibilities. 

Hope this can explain your scenario:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/1702i-access-points-and-led-colors/td-p/2619933

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Don't look at the LED because different models behave very differently.
The most fool-proof way is to console into the AP and observe the boot-up process. Please note that the new generation of APs, 1800/2800/3800, is more like a shrunken Linux-based laptop. So the boot-up process is about 4 to 6 minutes long.

I read the startup instructions for my specific model; red Led on means trouble. I will go ask Cisco since I have a service contract with them.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card