Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 3700 Series IP connection

undercover921
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

So I have Aironet 3700 devices and I can connect to the Cisco WLAN Controller with the IP address to manage the AP devices. I was wondering if I can connect to the AP device itself if I have the IP address of the AP device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

xploit007
Level 1
Level 1
@undercover921 wrote:

Hello,

So I have Aironet 3700 devices and I can connect to the Cisco WLAN Controller with the IP address to manage the AP devices. I was wondering if I can connect to the AP device itself if I have the IP address of the AP device.

Yes, you sure  can. Steps:

1. Setup the Login Cerdentials under the 'Global Configuration' under the  'Wireless" Menu.

2. Enable 'SSH' for the AP is question, on the 'Advanced' page under the AP in question.

a) Click on the AP in question from teh list of AP on the 'Wireless' Page

b) Go to the 'Advanced' meun

c) Check the teh box next to 'SSH' or 'Telnet'

See the attached screenshots

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

H

You can. Considering you have connectivity with the AP. 

Go to the AP configuration on the WLC and config a credential for ssh or telnet.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

So the AP doesn't have a GUI interface then that I would just type IP on browser and goto as the WLC.

So the AP unit doesn't have a GUI interface then that I would just type IP on browser and goto as the WLC.

Web interface only with autonomous AP. Lightweight only permit ssh or telnet with a limited amount of commands.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

xploit007
Level 1
Level 1
@undercover921 wrote:

Hello,

Yes, you sure  can. Steps:

1. Setup the Login Cerdentials under the 'Global Configuration' under the  'Wireless" Menu.

2. Enable 'SSH' for the AP is question, on the 'Advanced' page under the AP in question.

a) Click on the AP in question from teh list of AP on the 'Wireless' Page

b) Go to the 'Advanced' meun

c) Check the teh box next to 'SSH' or 'Telnet'

See the attached screenshots

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card