cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 3800 Series Mobility Express - Issue with change ip of the Controller

Con18
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an issue and i will need your support. I need to change the ip address of the aps and the controller of the wifi from one vlan to another.

So far, i have done the following, i changed the vlan configuration at the aps switch ports and after that they were getting ip from dhcp of the other vlan. So far so good. The management ip of the controller, was set up as a static ip. So, I changed the ip from the web interface and applied the changes. I reconfigured the switch port of the controller with the other vlan. I tried to ping the controller ip with no luck, tried to access the web interface, nothing. All the other aps are pinging properly and getting ip.. What am i missing? What am i doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

from console:

Change the mgmt ip of the WLC by using the command:

>config interface address management <IP address> <netmask> <gateway>

*** Also make sure that you allows the specific vlans on switch with native vlan where WLC is connected.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hello and happy new year,

This has been configured from another guy and there is no documentation.

So, in order to make  sure i want to find out who is the controller among them and check the existing management ip.

IS there an easy way to find him?

After that, i will move all the aps to the other vlan (getting ip from dhcp) and lastly I will connect to console in order to change the mgmt ip.  

**From the existing vlan, i could pinging the aps without issue. So, no need to allow anything right?

If you don’t have the management ip then that is hard already to figure out. So here is the thing. Mobility Express aps need to be in the same subnet. So what you can do is move one ap to the new subnet and then see what IP address is given to the ap. You can also keep a console connection to the ap to actually see the ip and since that is the first ap up on that subnet, it will be the master. The other option is to look at the switch and see if cdp neighbors have any info that can show you where the master ap is connected and or the hostname.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card