cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 600 OEAP Limitations

Ronald Francia
Level 1
Level 1

I have found that there are only few configuration to the Cisco Aironet 600 OEAP.

The settings are just for basic configuration for a wireless network when it is in autonomous mode.

A need for a Wireless LAN Controller to perform advance settings.

Also, there are no firmware available in Cisco.

No upgrade/downgrade firmware avalaible for download.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The AP600 requires a WLC and gets its firmware from the WLC. This is not an autonomous AP. you do have a basic GUI, but that is to point to the wlc and setup basic SSID.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Agree with Scott.

You need a controller to configure the AP. the AP GUI is used for spcific purpose to configure the home network but not the enterprise network.

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Ronald Francia
Level 1
Level 1

This AP is capable for autonomous system.

I am curently using it as a stand-alone AP.

After configuring the AP through the controller, will it retain the configuration once I remove the setting for the controller?

Set the configuration via the controller then set it back again as a stand-alone AP by removing the controller's IP.

Would that be posible?

If you are talking about the local config on the AP600. It is independent of the controller config or controller ip address.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card