cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C9120AXE-K model support autonomous mode?

Need to know, does this model C9120AXE-K support autonomous mode? For branches that need to be standalone unit, with no need to connect to WLC or flex connect configuration.

When I convert this C9120AXE-K to ECW, it stop all process and revert back to capwap mode, when connect to cisco switches local network.

5 Replies 5

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is no autonomous mode for these APs. EWC is the correct configuration method.

Ensure there are no wireless controllers reachable within the network from the EWC AP (Local Subnet, DHCP Option 43, DNS). During the boot process, if the AP discovers a controller in the network, it will join the controller and will not proceed with the EWC controller script.

Follow the link below and make sure to review the pre-requisites.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-catalyst-access-points/white-paper-c11-743398.html

Also, share the complete boot log for this AP to analyze the issue.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

Thanks for the information provided. However, why I need to reset the EWC then only I can login to GUI. It this common? My version is (C9800-AP-K9_IOSXE-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 17.9.5

- If it's running a capwap (client) image ; then you need to convert to EWC mode :
              https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi marce1000,

When I follow the Cisco guide on the link provided, which is a must trunk port to Cisco switches. I create L3 interface VLAN with IP address. But can't seem to ping to Cisco switches VLAN IP address. I also configure static route to next hop of the switches IP and ping still fails.

When I erase configuration of EWC and reset with command "wireless ewc-ap factory-reset", when boot up with a fresh default config. Then I configure the ECW interface G0 with IP address, only then I can access via the ECW GUI page. I think there is a bug or something I miss out.

configure terminal
  interface gigabitEthernet 0/1
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk native vlan 10

- You should not  be too concerned with that , go on with configuring the EWC AP as you intend to , 
      you could have a look at https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/c9105axi-ewc-default-route-not-working/m-p/4828488#M255393
                  but I am not sure if it is relevant , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card