Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B-EDU

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a Catalyst C9130AXI-B-EDU access point. How do I configure it in stand alone mode? 

21 Replies 21

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening Marce,

I click on the diskette button a couple of times to ensure I saved the settings. I pulled the plug and rebooted the AP, and it came back up without any issue. 

Thank you again for all your assistance! 

Marce,

Quick question, if you wanted to add another 9130 to the network do you just need an AP and power? Or do you also need a network cable connected into the switch. 

My thinking is the AP should connect wirelessly through the EWC, so it would not need to connect to the switch.

>...My thinking is the AP should connect wirelessly through the EWC, so it would not need to connect to the switch.
          - That's not possible , you need a network connection through a switch (indeed)  ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you Marce, 

I went ahead a picked up a Aironet 3802I-B-K9 which I will connect to the EWC. Its just to extend the wireless for some IOT devices.

If I have any issues with the setup I will drop you a line. 

I appreciate your assistance, I'm an old IT guy who worked during the late 90s early 2000. Technology is so different today. I just like to tinker and learn. 

Warm Regards,

JG 

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon Marce,

I updated the Aironet 3802I-B-K9 with the new mobility express software. After it updated the AP keeps posting the following message - see attached image. I also do not see it available in the EWC GUI dashboard. Also, I was reading that you cannot connect additional APs to the EWC due to memory size - not sure if this is still true.  If so, how can I disable the CAPWAP discovery so this is can become a standalone AP? I also tried to access the APs GUI, I can ping the AP but, the GUI does not load.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

JG

CAPWAP Message.JPG

A quick update. I see the AP in the EWC under "Monitoring>Wireless>AP Statistics" This is the error message. Not sure if this is the reason why its not connecting.

EWC Error Message.JPG

Last updated for tonight,

I created an TFTP server but, when it tried to download the "9800" file prompts an error. Do you happen to know the UDP port I need to set within the TFTP server? 

JG1418_0-1719206385480.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card