Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobility Express Native Vlan configuration

Wynn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 
I am quite new with mobility express and I would like to configure native vlan on Mobility express management interface.

I used the following command and see that vlan is changed to 10.

(Cisco Controller) >config interface vlan management 10

But when vlan changed in managment interface, Capwap aps cannot join the controller anymore. 

So, I configured the following on the AP shell:

TESTAP#capwap ap ethernet tag 10

Even after configuring that the ap still cannot join the controller.

Both ME and AP are in same physical Access point 3802i and using 8.10.151.0 ME image.

Please help me. 

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how is your network connected, you also need to configure switch site native VLAN ?

check below example guide :

https://itadminguide.com/configure-cisco-1850-series-mobility-express/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For Mobility express you dont have to change the VLAN id for management interface from the ME WLC side, I think this is not supported as well. As you are aware with ME, both AP and ME WLC running on the same AP are being managed via the same physical interface, so just leave the management interface of the WLC as it is (default) and then use the native vlan on the switch side to manipulate the management VLAN tag. For example if your management VLAN is X then the config for the switch port will look like below;

switchport mode trunk

switch trunk native vlan X

switch trunk allowed vlan X-Z

spanning tree portfast trunk

Make sure that you don't use any vlan tags from ME WLC and the AP side. Since you have configured it already if possible reset the WLC and start from the scratch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card