Helpful
Replies

Cisco NAC Server and WLC configured with DHCP Server

lalit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me in below queries.

1. I have a Cisco NAC Guest Server along with i used Cisco Wireless Lan Controller for Guest Setup. I have configured the DHCP Server on the Wireless Lan Controller itself so that clients are getting IP through the same dhcp server coonfigured on the WLC.

I need an option or command so that i can freeup some ip' s on the WLC. The problem is ,the ip pool on the dhcp server( WLC) is getting full and when the new clients are trying to join they are not getting ip's becuase already the scopes are full. But if you see the number of users are less who got the ip's.There are some unused ip's which are already not in use and this ip's are allocated earlier but those clients are not in use now.

Is there any command so that i can release those ip from dhcp which are not in use.Hope i explained the problem properly.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably mean that since your SSID is open security with web authentication, it means that lots of clients connect to your SSID without actually logging to the web page right ?

I'm afraid that a manual cleaning of ip would be needed every hour or so so that's not a definite solution. Either you increase you ip range space, either you shorten the DHCP lease time.

You can also configure a WPA preshared key to limit access to the webauth SSID only to the people who really want it. But this reduces friendlyness.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card