Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI Alarm Message

1914aug87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I got the following error via Mail from my NCS.

Virtual Domain: ROOT-DOMAIN

NCS has detected one or more alarms of category AP and severity Critical in Virtual Domain ROOT-DOMAIN
for the following items:

1. Message: AP 'AP01' disassociated from Controller '172.x.x.x'.

Anybody know what it means?

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It means that AP01 lost connection to the WLC, so what you need to do is look on the WLC and click on the wireless tab and find the AP01 and click on it.  See what the uptime is and the join time and compare the two.  Uptime is how long the ap has been powered and join time means how long it has associated to a WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It means that AP01 lost connection to the WLC, so what you need to do is look on the WLC and click on the wireless tab and find the AP01 and click on it.  See what the uptime is and the join time and compare the two.  Uptime is how long the ap has been powered and join time means how long it has associated to a WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hello,

i got some new error messages:

#######

NCS has detected one or more alarms of category Controller and severity Major in Virtual Domain ROOT-DOMAIN for the following items:

1. Message: Radius server '172.x.x.x'(port 1812) is deactivated on WLAN 'wlan49'.

#######

NCS has detected a change in one or more alarms of category Controller and severity Major in Virtual Domain ROOT-DOMAIN.

The new severity of the following items is Clear:

1. Message: Radius server '172.x.x.x'(port 1812) is activated on WLAN 'wlan49'.

#######

Error an clear message arrive in the same second. I receive this alarm for "wlan48" (18:53 Uhr), "wlan49" (18:50) and "wlan51" (18:55 Uhr).

Devices: WLC HA Cluster 7.4.100.60, PI: 1.3.0.20

The radius server is on the same site as the WLC´s. What could be the reason for these problem? I receive this error and the above discribed after update PI form 1.1.1.24 to 1.3.0.20. Is the new version more sensitiv in this case?

thanks

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could be an issue with the radius or due to the HA. You can increase the timers and see if that helps.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12110

-Scott

1914aug87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

AP disassociated and associated Messages Alarms comes up every day. Are there timers to improve this behaviour?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card