cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Services Client (SSC) for Windows 7

moazzam.ali2
Level 1
Level 1

The organization that I worked for purchased large number of Cisco Secure Services Client Licenses for Windows XP. Now they have plans to move to Windows 7. Reading different discussions, I know that SSC ver 5.1 does not work with Windows 7. My questions are:

1) Will there be a new SSC for Windows 7? Will we be able to configure the pre-package for installation with the new SSC?

2) Can we use the existing SSC ver 5 licenses with the new SSC for Win 7?

Thanks,

Ali

4 Replies 4

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes,  indeed CSSC is not available yet for Win 7, however CSSC will be merged  into a new supplicant (AnyConnect) and will be supportd in Win 7.

This is on the pipeline and should be out there in couple months.

There are no further details yet available regarding the installation details and licensing for this new supplicant.

Stay tunned.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If   this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question  as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hi,

is that means now i cant use cssc for windows 7 client, if i have a requirement to use cssc in windows 7 OS, what would be a work around solution ? please advise as i need it very urgently.

hope you could assist me on this.

Hi,

You can use the SCC/NAM on Windows 7.

SSC is now called NAM and is a module of the Anyconnect suite.

Basically it is still the same client, but now with support for Windows 7.

search for:

"anyconnect-win-3.0.0629-pre-deploy-k9.iso"

unzip / run installer / only install the NAM module

"anyconnect-profileeditor-win-3.0.0629-k9.exe"

is the profile editor.

Hi,

Thanks for the information and I have a question and appreciate if you can answer that too.

- Previous SSC Mgmt console allowed to create "configuration.xml" file and combined it with "Client source package (msi)" to create "Client Destination package (msi)" that can be installed on users' workstation.

- I assume that with the profile editor, we should be able to create "configuration.xml" file. You did not mention any thing about "Client source package", so how would we create the "Destination package"? I mean how would we use the "configuration.xml" file to have anyconnect client in accordance to our configuration file.

thanks,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card