Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco wireless controller Backup via GUI

wikeekhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I want to know how to take backup on Cisco Wireless Controller Via GUI.

Engr.Waqar.

12 Replies 12

dear Leo Laohoo

thanks for the support .can you please guide me with the few steps ? i am damn new in this field .

i need to take backup of my wlc via GUI

THANKS   

Try this from the via GUI of your wlc assuming that you have a TFTP server on your laptop and have logged in.

1.  Go to the 'Commands' tab and select 'Upload file'

2.  Select file type 'Configuration', transfer mode 'TFTP'

3.  Enter your laptop ip address , file path '/' and enter a unique file name

4.  Select 'Upload' in the upper right and confirm the backup file is successfully backed up via your TFTP server

To recover on this wlc or a replacement, simply use the same process from the 'Download file' section

Dear J Adams.

I tried the same way from one of my site I was done with but rest of my 2 sites the error showing me can you please explain why it could be ? file is attached for screenshot 

Apologies if I am misunderstanding your problem but it appears that the process above works at 1 location but not at 2 other sites.  If this is accurate and these 2 which are problematic are remote sites, RDP to machine on each local network and try again.  You should find it much faster and easier from a PC on the same switch as the controller.  If you have Prime Infrastructure and you are having TFTP issues in controller software upgrades from a remote site, you can use Prime Infrastructure to update controller software as well.  This has proved successful for me in certain instances where attempting TFTP remotely would otherwise timeout and a local client was not immediately accessible.

Something on the network blocking the TFTP access. You can try disabling the "windows firewall" and "anti virus software" running on the PC.  

i am damn new in this field .

So let me get this:  You're new to the field of wireless but you don't want to bother to read and understand.  And yet you call yourself an "engineer"?

You've gotta be kidding me, right?

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

For GUI just check the following Image and follow as indicated. Its simple in GUI.

Hi All,

Is there a chance if we could automate the process of backing up the WLC configuration?

And not to do it manually.

Thank you.

- If you acquire Prime Infrastructure you can enter the controller and backups will be made automatically.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you marce1000!

We are just setting up Cisco Prime in our environment....:)

what is encryption key ? can i change or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: