Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLAN LAN

Muhammad0
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i am using cisco wlan controller 5508 and ap2702 and 702 for my network.....all APs are continuously blinking orange green and blue.....what is the problem.?????????????.....and via wireless my network is much slower than LAN connectivity,,,,

14 Replies 14

Seems like AP are not registered to your WLC.

Were these AP working previously ?

Ensure these AP get IP and can reach WLC. You need to have one method (DHCP option 43, DNS, static or broadcast forwarding) configure to let AP know what is the WLC IP.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/70333-lap-registration.html

Otherwise WLC managemnt and AP management should be on the same vlan.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

i have not configured dhcp option 43....but others configurations are okay...bcoz all of my users are connected through this AP....and can access to internet...but getting slower internet connectivity than my LAN....

and another thing to inform that i ahve configured dhcp pool in my Router

APs are working properly but Cycling through green, red, and off....which means Discovery/join process in progress,,,,,how can i solve this problem????

Have these AP's ever worked properly, or have they always done this?

I have had a few 3602's that periodically (i.e. every few months) needed a hard reset (just pull the ethernet cable they are attached to out of the switch for 20 seconds or so). 

RMA'd them eventually, and the problem went away.

Are you saying the ap's are working fine, but the LED is cycling through the various colors?  Maybe you have the blink LED configured somehow?  Maybe try this command:

config ap led-state flash disable <Cisco AP>

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

as per ur docs,,,,,,*Access point location command invoked*

but how can i resolve this problem

seems you haven't primed the APs, use cisco airprovision App for the same.

how could I do that...plz send any docs or a screenshot plz

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html

be careful it needs AP reboots downtime required in production environment  you just need to do in  one AP other will automatically done via NDP.

ok,,,

APs are working properly but Cycling through green, red, and off....which means Discovery/join process in progress,,,,,how can i solve this problem????

Console into one of those APs and attach output while it is going through this process.

Also get the output of "show version" from the AP and "show sysinfo" from your WLC CLI

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card