Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC and Packetfence Captive Portal configuration Guide

Saad Raza Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

i am configuring Cisco vWLC and its working fine ,internet is running smooth

I need to configure Packet fence Captive portal for my company Guest users.Captive portal via self registration and also interconnect with SMS gateway to provide credentials to guest users.

Any techie here install packet fence and any configuration examples have it.

22 Replies 22

Hi Michel,

Would you mind share me the same message? We're currently deploying packet fence web-auth mode with WLC 2504 as well.

Thank you very much.

Helen

I have the same problem, have u find the solution

Hi Michel, how are You?

As I can see in Your post the registration and regular VLAN is the same, do You confirm? Or did You applied flex connect with different VLAN for registration and guest? Thanks a lot....

Hi,
Excellent post, it helped me a lot, but still have some doubts.

do I need to configure Connection Profiles for this type of authentication?
You can do a print for security L2 in version 8.2, of the option that I tried none works.

Screenshot_14.jpgScreenshot_13.jpgScreenshot_14.jpg

Thanks 

BR

jborthakur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I want to enable Web Auth with Cisco Wireless controller 5508 (Sw Version8.5.135.0)  for guest users. Packet fence we are using Version 11.2.0.

I have created a guest SSID in CISCO Wireless Controller as GUEST1 and as per the configuration recommended in technical doc trying to configure the same but it is creating some issues.

Here we want to  create a captive portal for guests where they will only have to accept the terms and conditions prior to gaining network access, later we want to use it with guests to register endpoints using their email address. PacketFence sends a PIN code to the guest’s email address.

So kindly help me to achieve the same.

My configuration doc is attached with this email for your comments.

I had problems getting the captive portal to trigger until I allowed connections to 66.70.255.147 (the IP set in PacketFence Configuration > Advanced Access Configuration> Captive Portal) in the pre-auth acl on the WLC.

Hi in4939, how are You?

I don´t know the detail of your Project. In our environment the first approach was deploying DHPC server, Packetfence and Firewall in different hosts, and now we have the firewall serving IP to clients.
Below the print shows the rules for pre-auth, but, from WLC You must reach the packetfence IP regardless this ACL.

[Tela de computador com fundo branco Descrição gerada automaticamente com confiança média]

The captive portal IP must belong to management pool in order to exchange CoA packets.
After check that captive portal IP is reachable from WLC, try to verify the logs from command “radsniff -x -p 1700” (if You are applying default port 1700) in the packetfence host.

I hope help You...

I have the same issue, have u found the solution

Regards,

Hafiz

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card