cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Adapter Compatibility Problem

graves
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1100APs & 1210APs running 12.2.15XR2 & one test AP (1100) with 12.3.2JA2. With certain client adapters; namely Netgear WG121 (USB), Netgear WG511 (PCMCIA), and Linksys WUSB54G (USB); I cannot associate to my APs. The Funk Odyssey supplicant shows the client bouncing between APs, never stabilizing on a single one.

That is, unless, I set guest-mode on the SSID I want them to stabilize on, but this band aid fix only works on the 12.2.15XR2 APs. This does not work any longer with 12.3.2JA2 IOS.

This is the case with all my SSIDs configured for WPA and PEAP-GTC authentication. Open authentication, no WEP works fine, but this is of course unacceptable.

I have Aironet Extensions off, what else can I do? I'm running the latest firmware/drivers/supplicant for these adapters. Anyone else here having similar issues, or have resolved them?

Thank you,

David Graves

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

The problem is associated with the NAS-port-type exchanged between the AP1200 and RADIUS.

See the following RADIUS debug on the AP1200 by issuing debug dot11 aaa dot1x all, debug aaa authentication and debug radius.

To workaround this issue, re-configure your RADIUS server settings so that it expects the more generic value of 5. To make this configuration change, do the following on the RADIUS server:

Add the match condition "NAS-Port-Type" must be "Virtual"

Edit the profile and add "Virtual" to "Restrict dial-in media" setting

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card