Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients losing connectivity

JDMJeffy84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a strange one. I have an AP on 3rd floor and an AP on ground floor. My phone or laptop is connected to say Guest and can surf Internet no problem.

Get into lift, there's no signal, as expected. But 20-40secs later I get out of lift I can connect to Guest SSID no problem BUT I cannot surf, I need to manually switch off wireless and re-connect.

I have found a setting, I might be wrong but in GUI - Wireless/ 802.11b/g/n/ Client Roaming - the max transition time is 10secs - that's a bit short but I could be looking in the wrong place.

Any suggestions?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What AP and do you have a WLC?  If so, what code are you running.  Can you provide more info... Also, what is lift?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Oh sorry, correct term Elevator ><

AP: 1600
WLC 5508: currently running a beta code: 7.3.76.4

Scenario: user has wireless signal in a room, he/she walks out the room losing signal until it drops (No connectivity). The user walks downstairs in 20-30secs later and has wireless signal and IPhone joins the network no problem but cannot surf the Internet. He/She has to disconnect and reconnect the network for it to work

Seems like maybe its a configuration issue... SO here is the other thing... get off the beta an put on v7.4 sinc eyou have the 1600's.  Also can you post your show run-config.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card