Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX10.2 firstboot

mariusst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to setup my CMX 10.2 from scratch and enetered the cmxos firstboot command to achieve that , but that does not seem to do anything.

[root@localhost cmxadmin]# cmxos firstboot --force
********************************************************************************
** Welcome to Cisco CMX
** This setup procedure will take you through configuring your CMX.
** Please press the enter key to continue...

*** The system is already configured

You have successfully upgraded and configured CMX. Please use the command 'cmxctl start'

Is there another command I should run ?

5 Replies 5

Frank Vergeer
Level 1
Level 1

hi Marius, we have the same situation (in version 10.3) Have you found a solution for this issue? we want to reconfigure an already installed MSE/CMX appliance

Hi Frank,

Did you try "cmxos reconfigure" CLI command

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/10-2/cmx_command/guide/cmxcli10/commands.html#14452

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika, that's for reconfiguring tcp/ip related settings. I want to reconfigure services (instead of doing a new fresh deployment with ISO image)

I want to reconfigure services (instead of doing a new fresh deployment with ISO image)

What exactly you need to achieve ?

reconfigure "location" services to "presence" or vice versa. If that is the case, you can't do it. Only way is a fresh install

HTH

Rasika 

Thanks for the confirmation, I will do a fresh install. This command was new for me and according to the docs it looked like it was possible to reconfigure services by excecuting this CLI command.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card