cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Bridge on Outdoor AP (1532) already installed?

Tech_Newb
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all...have a situation where the client side AP of a future "bridge" set up is already installed on pole / structure and I am trying to figure out how to configure if possible without removing the device?  Basically the device is out of box new and first needs to be joined to our WLC then configured for the bridge setup (AP Role, BGN, Ethernet Bridging checked, etc).  The device is currently being powered by a POE switch on the remote side.  I was curious if I could possibly set up a dhcp scope on the switch and console to it or connect to it that way.  Not sure if the AP takes dhcp by default or what though?

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this exactly....as I am relatively new to the wireless world.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

2 Replies 2

kareem ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

it will take IP by dhcp , once it does that let it join the WLC and enable access for it from WLC side 

How will it be accessible on the WLC side without the bridge connection being configured?  Just because it is assigned an IP address from the remote side switch doesn't mean it knows how to wirelessly bridge back to the root AP and be accessible by the WLC correct?  What am I missing?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card