cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Country Code Change & WPA security mode configurations on Autonomues AP 3700i series

Hello,

I am struck up with changing the country code using GUI & Cli cmds and Configuring the SSID with WPA security mode on Autonomous AP with (ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB1.tar)

I have one CISCO-3700i access point (AIR-CAP3702i-D-K9) I have done converting from Light weight AP to Autonomous AP with (ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB1.tar)

Can anyone help me on my below queries?

1. How change the country code using GUI &CLI commands? I could see it the ap with image(ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB1.tar) is having only US country code channel list. not having other country code selection and channels i.e (US, EU(EUROP),Japan,Israel,China, France ) channels accordingly.
  2. Do we have options to select country code selection for this particular model of Autonomous AP with (ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB1.tar)?
  3. I could see only WPA2 security mode not WPA mode? Let me know how to configure WPA security using GUI & CLI commands.

Appreciating your help in advance......

Regards,

Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  1. How change the country code using GUI &CLI commands? I could see it the ap with image(ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB1.tar) is having only US country code channel list. not having other country code selection and channels i.e (US, EU(EUROP),Japan,Israel,China, France ) channels accordingly.

You cant change country code on AP. Its hard coded.

2. Do we have options to select country code selection for this particular model of Autonomous AP with (ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JBB1.tar)?

No

3. I could see only WPA2 security mode not WPA mode? Let me know how to configure WPA security using GUI & CLI commands.

CLI command to conifgure WPA:

dot11 ssid Test
vlan X
authentication open
authentication key-management wpa or authentication key-management wpa version 1
mbssid guest-mode
wpa-psk ascii 7 <key>

then under radio interface use this command:

int dot11radio 0 or 1

encryption vlan x mode ciphers tkip

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cant change country code on AP. Its hard coded.

No

CLI command to conifgure WPA:

dot11 ssid Test
vlan X
authentication open
authentication key-management wpa or authentication key-management wpa version 1
mbssid guest-mode
wpa-psk ascii 7 <key>

then under radio interface use this command:

int dot11radio 0 or 1

encryption vlan x mode ciphers tkip

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for your response. but i wanted to cahnge the counrty code also for my configurations of wifi network. :(

I had followed your steps and commands to configure the wpa network. observed below error on console.

AP3700(config-if)#encryption vlan 2 mode ciphers tkip
Error: Keys are not allowed for TKIP cipher
AP3700(config-if)#encryption vlan 2 mode ciphers tkip ?
  aes-ccm  WPA AES CCMP
  <cr>
AP3700(config-if)#encryption vlan 2 mode ciphers tkip
Error: Keys are not allowed for TKIP cipher
AP3700(config-if)#

and i wanted to know below few points w.r.t configurations.

1. Is it mandatory to configure the VLAN ID for each SSID. ?

2. let me put it here my understating. We have to configure the VLAN ID and confgiure the encryptions to the VLANIDs and then assigen VLAN IDd to particular SSID(please correct me if i am wrong). please let me know any document is available for this because i have to configure the AP using  WPA, WPA2 , WPA-MIXED and OPEN modes and start working.

3. I had assigned the static IP 192.168.1.100 to CISCO AP and my clients are not assigned IP by AP ? after association.  may i know configurations are required for DHCP  ?

Appreciating your help in advance......

Regards,

Kishore.

You cant change the country on AP. Its inbuilt.

can you paste the conifg...

1. Is it mandatory to configure the VLAN ID for each SSID. ?

no its not necessaryif you are using only one ssid otherwise it would be good if you use vlan.

2. let me put it here my understating. We have to configure the VLAN ID and confgiure the encryptions to the VLANIDs and then assigen VLAN IDd to particular SSID(please correct me if i am wrong). please let me know any document is available for this because i have to configure the AP using WPA, WPA2 , WPA-MIXED and OPEN modes and start working.

correct, here is the doc: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/55561/multiple-ssid-multiple-vlans-configuration-example-cisco-aironet-aps

3. I had assigned the static IP 192.168.1.100 to CISCO AP and my clients are not assigned IP by AP ? after association. may i know configurations are required for DHCP ?

you can use dhcp pool on ap or connected switch/router.

example:

AP# configure terminal
AP(config)# ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.1.1 172.16.1.20
AP(config)# ip dhcp pool wireless
AP(dhcp-config)# network 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0
AP(dhcp-config)# lease 10
AP(dhcp-config)# default-router 172.16.1.1
AP(dhcp-config)# end

Regards

Dont foeget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

i also try for a 2602i with auto Firmware to activate the radio,