cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Mobility Groups with 4402

kevinyamada
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to place three production 4402 controllers into the same mobility group.  There are currently no mobility groups.  My question is, will this affect clients somehow when I add the controllers to the same group?  I'm pretty sure not, but I just wanted to make sure.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you're right, it'll not harm the client.

#Mobility group is useful for smooth Roaming, Anchoring and AP fallback. WLC reboot is not required to add/configure Mobility.

#If you've similar wlan configured on all these 3 WLCs and clients were trying to do roaming, it probably doing failover roaming with dhcp delays. Since it is already harming those client, feel free to configure Mobility.

#If the APs on those 4402s shares the RF then be sure to configure similar RF groups to avoid each APs idetifying themselves as Rogues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you're right, it'll not harm the client.

#Mobility group is useful for smooth Roaming, Anchoring and AP fallback. WLC reboot is not required to add/configure Mobility.

#If you've similar wlan configured on all these 3 WLCs and clients were trying to do roaming, it probably doing failover roaming with dhcp delays. Since it is already harming those client, feel free to configure Mobility.

#If the APs on those 4402s shares the RF then be sure to configure similar RF groups to avoid each APs idetifying themselves as Rogues.

Awesome.  Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card