cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices able to connect to SSID from APs, not assigned IP addresses

cmonte0247
Level 1
Level 1

We have configured two Lightweight Access Points using a 3504 WLC on Packet Tracer. Both access points are connected to the WLC, and have been assigned IP addresses through DHCP from the WLC. Both also state they are providing the WLAN we created. Authentication for the WLAN is configured using WPA-2 Personal. The SSID is enabled, and its WLAN has FlexConnect local switching and local auth enabled. Both APs are FlexConnect compatible as well and are in a group in the WLC.

Our laptops are able to detect this SSID when creating a new profile in the "PC Wireless" app on the desktop, and stated they have successfully connected to the AP after entering the PSK, however, they are not actually assigned an IP address via DHCP, and have a 169.254.x.x address.

We wanted to know if there are any other configurations to check for or any issues in our topology that are preventing DHCP from working on these end devices, as it does work on our APs. Attached is our Packet Tracer file. Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-   FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card