cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Addr. Assignment - Required WLC

kfarrington
Level 3
Level 3

Guys, Can anyone tell me what this means?

I take it to mean that the security policy will not pass untill the user has a DHCP address? Is this correct?

Many thx all,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are correct.... This only allows traffic from users who have obtained their ip address via dhcp. On the flip side, enabling this has caused issues in which certain clients may not connect even if they have dhcp. Also ARP errors have been known to show up in the logs.

If you really want to use this feature, go ahead and give it a try. If you have more problems when enabled, then you know this feature isn't going to work for you.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are correct.... This only allows traffic from users who have obtained their ip address via dhcp. On the flip side, enabling this has caused issues in which certain clients may not connect even if they have dhcp. Also ARP errors have been known to show up in the logs.

If you really want to use this feature, go ahead and give it a try. If you have more problems when enabled, then you know this feature isn't going to work for you.

-Scott

Thx mate :))

I have seen this in some Cisco docs that it is not best practice not to have this enabled.

-Scott

Hi... about this option:

DHCP Addr. Assignment

Anyone know if this option could cause the TCP RST for end devices?

Thanks

Fulvio Ferreira

Thanks Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card