Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP not working on anchor controller.

frederick.mercado
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all,

So I have successfully setup mobility from my foreign controller (9800 WLC) to my anchor which is a 9300 Catalyst that is running (17.3.5) with WLC addon (using this to just provide Guest access from local network). Both show up/up. I also get inbound client connections to the anchor DMZ controller, so I know ports and tunnel are working (see pic)...

The issue is that they show up as IP learn and do not get DHCP. Same for every client. I setup a simple DHCP pool on the anchor for simplicity and I have ensured similar profile and tag config, enabled DHCP with wireless management on both foreign and anchor as well. I cannot figure how to get clients an IP. 

2 Replies 2

Hi

It seems that your problem is not DHCP yet.

[mm-msg] [1116]: (ERR): Peer IP: 10.74.31.200 Port: 16667 Failed to dispatch dgram msg

Your log shows that no client got to the point to request an IP address. And we keep seeing the message above which suggest some problem on the communication between anchor and foreign WLC.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Is it wise to use a feature (EWC on 9300) which is end of life so you can never upgrade the 9300 WLC past 17.3?

Anyway assuming you're happy with that did you read this?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-744299.html#Enabletheembeddedwirelesssetup

"The EWC on Catalyst switches does not support being used as a guest anchor nor as a guest foreign controller. All guest network configurations will be done on the EWC on the switch."

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card