Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP problem with Flexconnect feature

Antonio Brandao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I´m working in a deployment of a wireless network where I have a main office with one WLC controlling the APs and here I have one wireless VLAN which is working fine for main office.

My problems is I have about 3 branch offices and each one of them has differents network addressess that is different from Wireless vlan range at main office.  At branch offices I don´t vlans and all devices on native VLAN, only ip address range are setup in different range depending remote site location.

I would like to make branch offices APs work in Flexconnect mode and respect local ip address schema but using the same WLAN schema at main office. Doing on that way is possible to use WLC working as DHCP server for remote offices as well ?

I did a test pluging an AP on flexconnect mode in a different VLAN from main wirelles one and created a DHCP server on that switch to devices that connected in that AP gets ip locally, but devices still getting IP from range is linked with WLAN Wirelles. Would I have to have different WLANs for each DHCP IP range at remote sites ?

Could someone clarify theses points related with DHCP server on flexconnect mode ?

Thanks

AB

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to make sure that the WLAN is configured for local switching. Under the WLAN advanced tab, toward the bottom there is the feature to check local switching. This will allow your FlexConnect access points to place traffic locally at each site.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thks for you reply and did checked that option al ready.

it is working routing it locally at moment but additionally on that I had to enable on AP config at Flexconenct tab suporte to VLAN tag

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card