cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP server within 2106

ralphfowler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2106 controller I use to test and upgrade 1510 radios. It supposedly has an internal DHCP server, which I have activated and given an IP range to use. I cannot get it to issue any IP addresses.

Currently I'm carrying around a cheap switch and router just to use for DHCP and this routine is getting pretty old.

Does anyone use this internal DHCP server and could you help me figure out where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Ralph

4 Replies 4

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Aside from the obvious things about making sure your DHCP subnet matches your interface subnet, ensure you've specified the DHCP Server Address under your interface configuration as the 2106's management address.

Failing that, post a show running-config and a show run-config and we'll take a look.

Regards,

Richard.

That's one thing that I haven't checked. I'll hook back up and check that item soon as I can.

Thanks

Well, I still couldn't get it to work, so I must be really missing something obvious. As requested I have attached the run-config and running-config outputs.

Additionally, I must be doing something else wrong, because the switch isn't operating as a switch. I can only plug radios in on port 1 and use an external switch to use multiples. Do you have any advice on that?

Thank you very much!

I'm not particularly familiar with the workings of the 2106 'switch', but i can certainly tell you that it's not a switch as you'd normally understand it. Read the PDF and let me know how it works ;o)

I was kinda hoping you'd rip the configs while you had an AP & Client on, but I guess that's my fault for not saying so! That aside, I can't really spot much wrong with your configs, except that;

1. DHCP Lease doesn't include a default router

2. WLC Internal Temperature says "Sensor Failed"

Bit stuck really. Try re-running the grabs with an AP and a Client associated to the AP, that may turn up something.

Failing that, how do you know you're not receiving a DHCP lease? Might sound daft, but have you tried looking on the WLC its self to see if it thinks it's given a lease out?

From the WLC CLI:

Show dhcp ? (various options available)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card