Views
Helpful
Replies

different SSID with different DHCP on the anchor

mchockalingam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to configure two SSIDs on the anchor controller in the DMZ. Each SSID's foreign controller is different. So, I created the following.

on foreign controller 1 - I have a SSID called test1 using WLAN ID 1 and management interface.

on foreign controller 2 - I have a SSID called test2 with WLAN ID 2 and management interface.

On both foreign controlelrs, I created a mobility anchor to the DMZ controller.

I created SSIDs test1 and test2 on the anchor controller in the DMZ using the management interface. I anchored foreign controller 1 to test1 SSID and anchored foreign controller 2 to test2 SSID. Now, my problem comes because I want different DHCP scopes for the clients. For one SSID, I want to use the internal contoller with its own DNS settings and for the other one I want to use external DHCP server since there may be 1000s of clients and I want to use different DNS server.

I only can have one management interface on the DMZ anchor controller since it is on the DMZ behind the firewall's DMZ intereface. The foreign controllers belong to different customers. Is this setup possible?

Meena

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the WLAN settings you have "DHCP override". It allows to use a different dhcp server than the one defined on the interface.

Enjoy :-)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the WLAN settings you have "DHCP override". It allows to use a different dhcp server than the one defined on the interface.

Enjoy :-)

OK, I see it now. Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card