Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Prime restore status

Fredrik Hjelm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I´m restoring the database but my connection to the Prime server went down during the restore. So I lost the ability to see restore progress.

It was in: Stage 7 of 9: Recovering Database

Its a quite big DB so I expect it to take a while, but am I now "blind" until it is finsihed or can I in anyway see restore status?

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you're going to be blind, unless you have root access.

If you have root access, you can look for the processes and see if they are still running.

In my experience though.  You are better off getting on the console, and doing a ncs deb reinitdb, ncs cleanup

then starting over

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ok, thats too bad.. :-(

I have root access, but dont really know what to look for.

I would rather not do it all over again because it takes a very long time.

To be safe, just ope a console in VM and see if you see any activity.  I would just wait for a day or so to be safe or else you might run into having to revert back from a snapshot or installing the VM again.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ah sorry, it an appliance. But thanks for the input! =)

Yeah the best thing is probably just you console into that appliance and just let that run and see what you actually see from the console. But I would probably wait just a day just to see if you see any output that it completes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One thing also usually after you do a restore the NCS service should automatically start so maybe you could run a NCS status and take a look at if the services started or not

-Scott

Luis Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem

What exactly are you facing?  You tried to do a restore also and it seems like the PI is not responding?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

It was a message like this

Stage 7 of 9: Recovering Database

(my database size was 40GB)

but had spent three hours and nothing has happened, at the end i made a clean installation without restore.

Well that's a large DB. I had to export a 20gb DB from WCS and it took 12 hours.

-Scott

msmith101
Level 1
Level 1

It also depends where the repository you are restoring from is. If it is external, add a couple hours just for the first couple steps with that size database.  The time is not symmetrical, IIRC step 7 takes a long time by itself.  If you have root access, you can check log files to show progress.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

You cannot see but you can verify if you have root access. Follow the below steps

Step 1 Log into the system as root.

Step 2 Using the Linux CLI, perform one of the following:

Navigate to the installation directory (such as /opt/NCS1.0.X.X) and enter ./NCSStatus.

Navigate to the installation directory (such as /opt/NCS1.0.X.X) and enter NCSAdmin status.

The CLI displays messages indicating the status of NCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: