cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distributed wireless branch with FlexConnect

Pawel Z
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have started my journey with vWLC 9800-CL few weeks ago. Probably I want to have 3 vWLC clusters worldwide (3 regions: EMEA, APAC, AMER). My questions is about recommendation for implementing distributed branch where most branches (at least per region) are very similar having 3 types of wifi - Corporate, Guest and for Production. Of course there are some exceptions and few additional SSIDs. I have already went trough Profiles and Tags. My concerns are not technical but rather more about efficient management and configuration of new branches.

I think about two options:

1. Many locations per region (configured using GUI "Basic Wireless Setup") like for example Germany, France1, France2, Poland, etc. It means that location consists only with APs located under particular address.

2. Only few locations per region (configured using GUI "Basic Wireless Setup") like for example Type1, Type2. It means that location of one type consists of APs from many countries.

I hope I described my concerns in clear way

As I wrote I would rather want to ask about best practices? What are the pros and cons of both option?

Thank you!

Cheers

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card