cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does dB loss occur enabling UNII-2 channels

thefilmguy
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to refresh my memory here but is there any power loss enabling UNII-2 channels (20Mhz) on 5Ghz with the 3802i access points?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No it doesn’t. The regulatory bodies for countries define the max db for given channels/bands. The only difference you would see is from aps installed in different countries. That doesn’t mean that enabling a uni band and or channels affect other bands.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Refer this file for detailed power & channel setting applicable to each regulatory domain

HTH

Rasika

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

@Rasika Nayanajith excellent reference file. Do you have any information about such file for newest Catalyst 9100 APs? This is very hard to find even using Google advanced search functions.

I'd answer my own question.

These are the reference guides for newest Catalyst APs with power settings and channels per domain:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/catalyst-9100ax-access-points/products-installation-guides-list.html

HTH

Jesús

thefilmguy
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks but this doesn't actually answer my question. Let me rephrase, does enabling UNII-2 channels have any impact on UNII-1 / 3 existing transmit power? 

No it doesn’t. The regulatory bodies for countries define the max db for given channels/bands. The only difference you would see is from aps installed in different countries. That doesn’t mean that enabling a uni band and or channels affect other bands.
-Scott

Thank you. I had heard from someone else it would but I think they were confusing the concept that UNII-2 channels have different dB max values. Thanks Scott

You can find the information on many wireless vendor websites. Again, each regulatory body defines what channel and power is allowed for both indoor and outdoor.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card