cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does wIPS mode Access point utilize more Bandwidth?

Abinaya R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have around six number of Cisco 1252 Access Points on HReap mode and wIPS submode in one particular location. This was implemented more than six months and it was working fine. Suddenly, I faced Network conjestion and more bandwidth utilization in that location in particular. But, after disabling the wIPS in the AP, The bandwidth got stable and working fine. Not sure, if wIPS will utilize more bandwidth.. Please clarify on the same..

Also please let me know if this will be anywhere related to the RF Heat maps that Cisco NCS will generate? As there is no map uploaded for that location, Will this cause an issue? Need more understanding on this. Please share if any document or information is available.

2 Replies 2

satya mothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Still no reply

Here you go

Deployment Considerations for ELM

Cisco recommends that by enabling ELM on every AP on the network meet most customer security needs when a network overlay and/or costs are part of consideration. ELM primary feature operates effectively for on-channel attacks, without any compromise to the performance on data, voice and video clients, and services.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080b82504.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card