cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Down Access Points are not displayed in 4400 series controller with firmware 6.0

ciscokid7181
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Folks,

I have 4400 series controller, in which I have installed 6.0 firmware recently. I could see that 'down ' access points are not displayed in the controller. And also , even if the access points are up, the total number of active access points are not shown in the controller.

Could you advise, what the reason would be ? Is it normal activity or a bug etc...

Regards,

Aaron

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ciscokid,

DOWN - Access points means that are not registered to the WLC?? the un registered APs will not be seen on the WLC as you already know..

Active AP count can be found usinf the command "show AP summary" on the CLI or from the GUI its Monitor >> Wireless.

make sure the APs are in REG state and the operatioanl status is UP. then only its in good shape..

How many APa are we expecting to see on the WLC??

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

If you are referring to the counters in the table "Access Point Summary" under the monitor TAB, an AP (or a radio) is marked as down when its admin status is down for example.

Is this your case? Could you please confirm how many APs have an admin status disabled and how many APs are counted as down?

Regards,

Fede

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card