cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading WLC 5520 config - "Error while downloading the configuration file. Hint: Please specify the encryption key if the file was encrypted"

dablakester
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying up download a config to a replacement 5520 and cannot due to the following error - Error while downloading the configuration file. Hint: Please specify the encryption key if the file was encrypted" The config is not encrypted as I can read it when opening up in a text editor so why its throwing this error is a mystery. 

I took the config off the other 5520 with no issues and I didnt encrypt it.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

What version of software are you running on the 5520? I had a similar issue where adding "config"to the start of every line fixed it but that's a shot in the dark really.

Have definitely seen this error before and suspect it is a bug, will try to find it.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Found the issue in the end. It was this bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz79764/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir I had to remove config network multicast to get it to take. Tres annoying!

Oh man I saw that and thought 'nah it's a different thing..'! Good job at least you got it working! :)

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card