cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic or static IP for APs in controller

Syed Junaid
Level 1
Level 1

I have many APs and each one has its corresponding IPs. How can I know from the controller if these AP IPs were obtain by DHCP or if they were statically configured? any possibility to create template on prime on this?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

You can see this on the WIRELESS tab. Just click on the AP hostname and on the next page, under IP config you can see : "DHCP Ipv4 Address"or "Static IP (Ipv4/Ipv6)".

What do you mean by template? A template to see if it is static or dhcp or a template to configure the AP?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thank you Flavio,

I am looking for the option where I can list out static and dynamic IP assigned AP's at a time, I do not want to check each AP as you have suggested, Our scenario is  we have 3000+ APs and all are dynamically assigned but want to make sure that none of them are statically assigned.

Regarding Template:, I meant f we can create any CLI command/template on prime to pull up the statically configured APS.

Yes it is possible but not specifically the DHCP mode. The command "show AP config detailed "AP hostname"

will bring how the AP got it's IP address(static or dhcp)

However, the command requires you to add the hostname for every AP.

To perform this via template on Prime, you must work with variable, and each AP must be replaced every command.

I'd do this using a script instead.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thank you Flavio,

Appreciated your quick response. Looking for your help to create a script on this. Can be used regex?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card