cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Embedded wireless controller vlan

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to configure EWC on new 9115 but I am bit confused about wlan vlan config

In basic setup, i have entered native vlan as vlan 10 which is our network switch management vlant and configured as native on switchpirts connected to all ewc access points

For wlan ssid, can i configure for vlan same as our network switch av wifi  vlan 100 which is defined in core and access switches with 172.20 21.0/23

Dhcp is also configured for vlan 100 on core switch

So will adding vlan 100 under wlan ssid in ewc give all wifi users the vlan 100 network access with ip from core switch dhcp for vlan 100

Pls advise

2 Replies 2

Yes, you can do that.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-1/config-guide/ewc_cg_17_11/wlans.html 

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses***

MaxShantar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can configure the VLAN for your WLAN SSID in the EWC to match the VLAN used for your network switch's WiFi network. This will allow WiFi users to access the network using the VLAN 100 network and receive IP addresses from the DHCP server on your core switch for that VLAN.

To configure the VLAN for your WLAN SSID in the EWC, follow these steps:

1. Log in to the EWC web interface and go to the "Basic" section.

2. Under the "WLAN Settings" section, click on the WLAN SSID that you want to configure.

3. In the "VLAN" field, enter the VLAN ID for the VLAN that you want to use for your WiFi network (e.g. 100).

4. Click the "Apply" button to save your changes.

Once you have configured the VLAN for your WLAN SSID, WiFi users should be able to connect to the network and receive IP addresses from the DHCP server on your core switch for VLAN 100.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card