Views
Helpful
Replies

EOIP Tunnel

luzjuliano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all

This is my first post to this community. I'm planning to setup a Guest Network using WLC, but we have only a single controller. I searched the community and read some posts about placing a WLC in a DMZ and establish an EOIP tunnel to the anchor controller. I was wondering if I could establish a tunnel between the anchor controller and another equipment (a router, or a switch) that supports EOIP in DMZ, instead of using a second controller. Is this possible?

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No and the rason for this is becuase the WLC share inforamtion beween the foreign (internal controller) and the anchor controller controller (DMZ controller).

In addition, you need to make sure your DMZ is a 4400 or 5508. 2xxx models do not support anchoring.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Are you absolutely sure George ? Could you share the  information sources  ?  

You realize this post is 4 years old. Has of 7.4 you can't terminate an anchor .. Can you on newer code you will need to research but I suspect you can't 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob73dg/emob73/ch10GuAc.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin