Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extract client location data WCS

Hi,

I have WCS with plus license and I've seen it is possible to locate a client on demand in a map. My question is, apart from the position being displayed in a map, is it possible to extract some data with the position of a client referenced to the map, such as the coordinates?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No reason for anyone to try it to be honest without an MSE.  The MSE has an API in which you can develope your own app and tie it into the MSE for data.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have an MSE, that can provide you with the floor plan coordinated. With WCS only, I don't think you will get good data because the MSE does make the best calculations and that info can be extracted.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thanks Scott, I suppose it as well. The question arises because we haven't an MSE and our IT department wants to develop an app to locate clients making use of the present  wireless infrastructure. Sincerely I don't think this could be possible, and in case it could be, accuracy wouldn't be so good. I don't know if someone has tried to do something like this.

No reason for anyone to try it to be honest without an MSE.  The MSE has an API in which you can develope your own app and tie it into the MSE for data.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card