cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory Reset AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9

SCOTTA63123
Level 1
Level 1

I want to Factory Reset a Cisco AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9 access point but can't figure out the mode button sequence. 

1.) I tried holding the mode button, then provide power to the access point, and continue to hold mode button until I see an amber light.............but, amber light never appears. This is a standard process that works for me on some other models.

2.) I also tried the 30-30-30 process. Power up AP, hold mode button for 30 seconds, remove power and continue to hold mode button for 30 seconds, provide power again and continue to hold mode button for another 30 seconds. This didn't work either.

I have AP at my desk. I don't want to connect to controller. And, I can access CLI. Is there a manual process utilizing the mode button? Or, is there a CLI process?

Thank you,

Scott A

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Excellent @SCOTTA63123 . This might be helpful to others. Thank you very much.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi

Maybe this work for you:

https://popravak.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/resetting-cisco-capwaplwap-access-point-to-factory-defaults/

I gave it a go and the only thing I want to add to the procedure is during the beginning part of the process while holding the MODE button and CLI shows "button is pressed, wait for button to be released....", you must continue to hold the MODE button until the light indicator on top of AP is solid red! That was omitted however essential. The rest of the process went as described. Some CLI output was different but structure was accurate. 

Excellent @SCOTTA63123 . This might be helpful to others. Thank you very much.

Very helpful. Good Wordpress link. Thanks

Thank you for the procedure.  I wanted to ask a related question for the AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9. 

I am using the vwlc, and only have a temporary license for my lab, that I will have to reset eventually.  I have not been able to join the AP to the controller, and I read somewhere that I need to add the licenses for the APs before I can join them.

The problem is that the this mode is supposed to be end of life and can not purchase a support license for it anymore, CDW said so.

How could I resolve this ?

The license you buy is for the co troller not the AP. If the WLC is end of sale, you can’t purchase the license, so CDW is right. I do think the virtual controller you can still purchase licenses but not sure. You would might want to look at the 3504 if you need a controller. That can manage your 3702 but might not be worth the money if you only have one or a few.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

m.rana.ku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Three easy steps to Reset Cisco AP using MODE button:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmZZ2BNGXQH1HPS3uIVnr7A?sub_confirmation=1

https://youtu.be/eGCnTWBEpp8

Step 1: Disconnect power (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power) from the access point.
Step 2: Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.
Step 3: Hold the MODE button until the Status LED turns amber (approximately 10 to 12 seconds), and release the Button. All access point settings return to factory defaults.

Hi,

connect your AP to your computer using the console cable and make sure you are in the right port, then disconnect the AP from the SW hold the mode button and plug it to the SW and follow the timer on your computer on the Putty app at the count of 21 seconds release the mode button. and the AP is rested 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card