cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding Domain Controller

zhinminbuay
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same settings with HP laptpo Elite 6930p and Elite 8440p but when we check on  “Check Point SecureRemote” in elite 8440p, we will have problem during finding  domain controller at initial authentication.

And without the Found domain controller, the wifi for the  notebook will be very unstable. But if we didn’t select on the “Check Point  Secure Remote”, our staff cannot connect thru VPN when out of  office.

For 6930p, when the user log on  to the domain, we can see the login sequence process from Intel Proset as  below:

Association

Authentication

Getting IP

Finding Domain Controller

Found Domain Controller.

For 8440p with the same settings  above. We did not see the “Finding Domain Controller” and “Found Domain  Controller”. When this happen, the user will likely not able to connect to their  network if they Standby the notebook from one AP while moving it to another  AP.

The workaround is to uncheck “Check Point SecuRemote” from  the Wifi network Properties. This will solve the problem but when the notebook  is connected to public internet, it is unable to VPN to their  network.

This case is almost similiar as the previous discussion:

I have been noticing that some notebooks equipped with cisco a/b/g adapters are presenting problems in the last step of LEAP authentication (Finding domain controller). This issue suddenly appears after installing Checkpoint SecuRemote (VPN Client). Even if I shutdown the vpn client, I am not able to find a domain controller unless I'm connect to a wired lan. One solution to this problem is disabling the Checkpoint Securemote protocol under wireless connection properties. Unfortunaly, some users use the vpn through a wireless connection, so I need then working together. Any way on how let the laptop wireless card to find the domain controller

Please advice. Thank you

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card