cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

First Time RADIUS user

clydeds
Level 1
Level 1

This is the first time I am attempting to use RADIUS and am possibly doing something wrong. I have a 1240 AG and am using the local RADIUS server on the AP. The encryption settings are WEP Mandatory and no key rotation. For the SSID in question I have authentication set to open with EAP and Network EAP. I have selected the local server as the EAP authentication server. I have created a local group and local user ID in the RADIUS server config and have associated it with the radios. When I attempt to connect (Dell 620 with Broadcom NIC) it associates with the access point and prompts me for a user ID and password. I have used the local ID created but it just fails the authentication at this point. Any clues as to what could be wrong. Using 12.4(3g)JA1. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

1 Reply 1

diro
Level 1
Level 1

All sounds ok but it could be that your Broadcom nic is not compatible: you should check what ccx version it supports because the access point performs LEAP, EAP-FAST

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card