Views
Helpful
Replies

Flex Controller Design

m.stefani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

just want  to know if it is poosible to have a 7500 Flex Controller  Cluster in diffrent Locations, like Germany an Australia?

This should be deployed as a redudant system, in case of a failure in one location the remaing Cluster can take over.

Also the main maintenance/management should be done in the Headquarter (Germany).

Is it possible to configure Guest Access via Web Interface.

Last question: how many AP`s can be managed, example: with one Controller 500 AP can I then manage 1000 with two controller?

Thanks and Regards

Michael S.

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yea that is possible, so long as your configs are the same across both WLC.

Currently one 7500 can manage up to 2000 AP.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve,

thanks a lot for your answer.

As these are questions from our customer I am just the one who redirect it to you.

The customer wants to make sure that his requirements are realizable.

So if you say yes that means, yes to which question...?:

just want to know if it is possible to have a 7500 Flex Controller Cluster in different Locations, like Germany and Australia?

This should be deployed as a redundant system, in case of a failure in one location the remaing Cluster can take over.

Also the main maintenance/management should be done in the Headquarter (Germany).

Is it possible to configure Guest Access via Web Interface.

Last question: how many AP`s can be managed, example: with one Controller 500 AP can I then manage 1000 with two controller?

That actually means is the amount of AP depending of the number of Controller I am using?

Please feel free to add comments in the questions above.

Regards

Michael

Von: steprodr

Gesendet: Montag, 6. Februar 2012 15:05

An: Stefani, Michael

Betreff: - Re: Flex Controller Design

Home <>

Re: Flex Controller Design

created by Stephen Rodriguez <> in Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects - View the full discussion <>

The answer was yes to all.  You can 'cluster'/mobility group config the WLC, for failover.  Yes, you can do a webauth for guests.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11635/products_tech_note09186a0080b7f141.shtml

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve,

thanks a lot..

Michael

Von: steprodr

Gesendet: Montag, 6. Februar 2012 15:30

An: Stefani, Michael

Betreff: - Re: Flex Controller Design

Home <>

Re: Flex Controller Design

created by Stephen Rodriguez <> in Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects - View the full discussion <>

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card