cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect and QoS

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying my hand at a new FlexConnect setup. On my centrally-switched WLANs, I can do interface-override and apply a QoS profile per-device by using Radius attributes.

Can I do the same via FlexConnect?

I've tried configuring my ACS server to send back the following attributes when my 7925 authenticates to flex-connect SSID:

Airespace-QOS-Level=Platinum

Tunnel-Medium-Type=802

Tunnel-Type=VLAN

Tunnel-Private-Group-ID=12 <my Voice VLAN>

I am not getting mapped to the proper VLAN nor is the client being assiged the QOS profile. I have enabled RADIUS and AAA Override on the WLAN profile.

Controller software:

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can I do the same via FlexConnect?

Yes. it is applicable for all platform running 7.2. follow the below link for step by step config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11635/products_tech_note09186a0080b7f141.shtml#override

From 7.2 release onwards, AAA override of VLAN on  individual WLAN configured for local switching is supported. In order to  have dynamic VLAN assignment, AP would have the interfaces for the VLAN  pre-created based on a configuration using existing WLAN-VLAN Mapping  for individual FlexConnect AP or using ACL-VLAN mapping on a FlexConnect  group. The WLC is used to pre-create the sub-interfaces at the AP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card