Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect authentication and switching locally

deshike22
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We are planning to implement Cisco wireless in our central office and branch office using Cisco 2504 WLC and Cisco 1602i Ap. Our branch office is connected via ip vpn and a separate broadband connection for urgent requirements. Usually all users are allowed to browse through central proxy server.

I have been trying to find any possibility of giving guest access (web authentication) for branch office guests utilizing only the broadband connection which is connected to the branch office. Is there a possibility that Central WLC is reached using NAT from the BranchOffice AP and allowing guests to authenticate and surf the web at times IP VPN is unreachable. Please refer the diagram.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes... It's the same as any WLAN so as long as you have FlexConnect local switching on the WLAN you can drop guest off locally.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With FlexConnect APs you can place the guest traffic on a vlan out at the remote site. It's up to you then to route the traffic to which ever link you want. You can only map 1 vlan to a WLAN on the FlexConnect AP.

-Scott

Yes i understand what you have mentioned. But is it possible for me to configure for web authentication using branch office guest vlan path.

Yes... It's the same as any WLAN so as long as you have FlexConnect local switching on the WLAN you can drop guest off locally.

-Scott

Scott is right.

Services

This table lists the legacy and new services supported with WLC version 7.0.116.0 with FlexConnect.

WAN Up (Central Switching)WAN Up (Local switching)WAN Down (Standalone)
Internal WebauthYesYesN/A
External WebauthYes (7.2.110.0)Yes (7.2.110.0)N/A
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card